Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 00:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have merged Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2.7z and Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2_pkgs.7z.
> Mere merge two packages, no octave-fore packages appears in octave console
> by execution of the 'pkg list' command.
> To activate each octave-forge package, 'pkg rebuild' is required, e. g.
>
>>>  pkg rebuild miscellaneous -auto
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

It seems that I have missed adding the readme.txt to my second archive
(Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2_pkgs.7z).

Tatsuro, can you please add the following text to your wiki, regarding the
installation of Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2_pkgs.7z:

Installation:
Unzip to the same directory structure to which Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2.7z was
unzipped.
In order to update octave_packages database and auto-load most packages
(excluding 'ad' and 'windows' which may crash octave when loaded and 'clear
all' is executed), launch Octave and execute:
    pkg rebuild -auto
    pkg rebuild -noauto ad windows
You can adjust your installed packages status per your specific neads and
usage by excuting one of the following commands:
a. To interactively load or unload a package
    pkg load <pkg_name>
   or
    pkg unload <pkg_name>
b. To disable auto-load for specific pkg <pkg_name>
    pkg rebuild -noauto <pkg_name>
c. To enable auto-load for specific pkg <pkg_name>
    pkg rebuild -auto <pkg_name>
d. To completely uninstall a package
    pkg uninstall <pkg_name>