Re: Release plans for the GUI

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Release plans for the GUI
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:00:17 +0100

 On 09/09/2011 01:28, Andriy Shinkarchuck wrote:
> Yes, it would be great thing. But there arent any comments or suggestions yet
> :(
>
> 2011/9/9 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>> This is a long list. Should we make this a wiki page?
>>
>> - Jordi G. H.

Ok, I have a couple of suggestions of features that could be added to
the wish list.

The Matlab editor has a nice feature where when stopped at a breakpoint
in the editor you can hover the mouse over the variables in the file and
their contents are displayed in a context-menu like display. I find this
quite useful when debugging as I generally have the editor full screen
in a separate window from the main GUI in my setup so I can see more code.

You can also navigate up and down the stack from a drop down list and
the appropriate file is opened or switched to in the editor and the
mouse hovering thing continues to function etc.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.