Re: Release plans for the GUI

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Release plans for the GUI
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:09:40 -0700

On 09/28/2011 04:40 PM, tilas wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to provide a user perspective which seems to be missing here.

Well, actually, your view was missing.  Other users have other
views.

Speaking as a user, in my environment,  many Matlab users set by default
 -nodesktop.  The Matlab GUI uses so much time and space that it
is often not helpful.  I just do not have the time to wait for it to come up
on the screen.

It appears that the Octave GUI is attempting to meet  a fairly wide range
of preferences.

In any case, it seems reasonable to get something done and see how
various users like it.  It is not possible to make everyone feel that their
particular preferences have been given priority over everyone else.

Michael