Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support

From: Joaquim Luis
Subject: Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I did in a Fedora 15 VM running on Windows.
It was my first Octave build and, about that I can say that building
instructions could be a bit better. The configure script warned me about
things that I didn't have and would not be built with (normal) but than make
error on it. For example OpenGL and tex2info were a couple that I remember.
But fine, I got something. However, this simple example starts but crash
immediately when I move the figure.

h=plot(1:10);hP = uimenu('Parent',h,'Label','Plates');

And thanks a lot for this initiative. For a long time that I wanted to port
my program 'Mirone' (w3.ualg.pt./~jluis/mirone) out of Matlab and it seams
that time is coming.

J. Luis

QtHandles::Backend: no __object__ property known for object of type line
error: get: ambiguous line property name ; possible matches:

__modified__        erasemode           parent              xliminclude
__myhandle__        handlevisibility    selected            ydata
beingdeleted        hittest             selectionhighlight  ydatasource
busyaction          interpreter         tag                 ylim
buttondownfcn       interruptible       type                yliminclude
children            linestyle           uicontextmenu       zdata
clipping            linewidth           userdata            zdatasource
color               marker              visible             zlim
createfcn           markeredgecolor     xdata               zliminclude
deletefcn           markerfacecolor     xdatasource
displayname         markersize          xlim

error: octave_base_value::convert_to_str_internal (): wrong type argument
`<unknown type>'
error: octave_base_value::double_value (): wrong type argument `<unknown
type>'
[...]
error: octave_base_value::matrix_value(): wrong type argument `<unknown
type>'
error: A(I,J): row index out of bounds; value 1 out of bound 0
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'octave_execution_exception'
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Aborted (core dumped)