Re: SLATEC error: Chebyshev series too short for specified accuracy

From: j.wuttke
Subject: Re: SLATEC error: Chebyshev series too short for specified accuracy
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:38:43 +0200

this is in reply to the posting by Jarno Rajahalme of Feb 27, 2011:

In my understanding, the error message produced by SLATEC is bogous:
it comes out of routine initds.f, which is used not only for
Chebyshev series, but also for other orthogonal series.
So, the correct error message should read
"orthogonal series too short for specified accuracy".

The reason behind this error is very likely a wrong setting of
machine constants in routines i1mach.f, d1mach.f, r1mach.f.

After solving similar problems for my own needs, I published
a SLATEC distribution for the gfortran compiler,
  http://joachimwuttke.de/slatec4gfortran.
Feedback would be highly welcome.

Joachim

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt