Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:02:52 +0200

Am Freitag, den 14.10.2011, 11:27 -0700 schrieb Joaquim Luis:
> Hi Philip,
>
> I'm aware of the Tatsuro build description and actually I'm using he's
> gplibs and OcatveLibs package that I think are packages needed for the
> build. As for the others like MinGW-TM.zip, msys-TM.zip and GnuWin32-TM.zip
> I didn't install them as think they are already installed by the mingw
> installer and in fact I din't have any complain about missing packages yet.
> MinGW is already messy enough so that I won't started putting things
> manually inside it.
>
> But I don't understand why I'm having this problems you guys don't. After
> all I am using the same building system - MINGW -. Actually it compiled for
> several hours and problem after problem I reached to this final one.
>

> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> ../libcruft/libcruft.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/c/MinGW/OctaveLibs/lib/libhdf5.la' was
> moved.
> /bin/grep: /mingw/lib/libm.la: No such file or directory
> /bin/sed: can't read /mingw/lib/libm.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/mingw/lib/libm.la' is not a valid libtool archive
> make[3]: *** [liboctinterp.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/SVN/octave/src'
>
> So now is a linking issue.
>
> How many different MinGW are out there in the while? Why don't they all do
> the same thing?
>
> Joaquim
I compiled myself octave 3.4.3 and the development version with the
packages provided by Tatsuro on a Windows 7 system, but I am also
interested in doing the same you describe (using the standard mingw
installer instead).
Just to ensure before I start that we are on the same track can you tell
me the exact version mingw (which gcc version) you have installed now?
I will report back what I can find out about that way to build tomorrow.