Compatibility problem with strread and \n delimiter

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Compatibility problem with strread and \n delimiter
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:01:11 +0100

Hi,

While testing mirone with QtHandles, I found an issue with strread and
\n delimiter,
when the delimiter is double-quoted or single-quoted. It boils down to
the following:

octave-qt.exe:5> strread(sprintf('1\n2\n3'), '%d', 'delimiter', '\n')
ans = 123
octave-qt.exe:6> strread(sprintf('1\n2\n3'), '%d', 'delimiter', "\n")
ans =

  1
  2
  3

As ML doesn't have double-quoted strings, only the first form is valid, but from
what I can see from mirone code, it looks like in ML, the first form
actually gives
the second result. Can anybody confirm? Do we want to change this in octave?

Michael.