Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

PhilipNienhuis wrote:

> - chk_spreadsheet-support is easier, but you'd still have to check if the
> java package is loaded (!), then infer the directory where the jar files
> reside during startup of Octave, process this into some string, and feed
> that string to chk_spreadsheet_support. It's doable, but perhaps too
> involved.
>
> - You can also have a look at how it is done in the 3.2.4 MinGW binary.
> Benjamin also put the jars in /lib, and used PKG_ADD to add them to the
> javaclasspath; have a look in
> /libexec/octave/packages/java-1.2.7
> to see how he did it.

Benjamin has put all the jars in the bin subdir and it looks OK to me  since
I have put there other dlls which are required for other OF packages.

Regarding classpath.txt, I can use Benjamin's solution but it requires a
change in java pkg in order to support the io pkg. It looks more logical to
me to implement similar lines or alternative chk_spreadsheet_support calls
as an PKG_ADD of the io pkg.

This way maintenance of those pkgs will be much more independent.

What do you think ?