faq changes

From: David Grundberg
Subject: faq changes
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:00:45 +0100

Hi everyone,

I made some changes to the faq.  I'm afraid I will just forget about this all
if I don't post it on the list (which happened last time), so I will post a
patch here.  I'm terribly sorry but I can't verify that the tex syntax works.

I've gone through the mailing list to find the most common questions.  I think
I caught some of them, but I guess I do have some selection bias.

G'night,
Grundberg