Re: octave allocator patch

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: octave allocator patch
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:00:52 +0000

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> 11/6/11
>
> John,
>
> I tried the octave allocator patch you sent out and I get a segfault with
> it when running 'make check'.  It's something in the test suite because
> just invoking run-octave and doing some test calculations/plots works
> fine.  This was with a gnulib pulled on 11/6/11 and a tip
> (13834:227130df89eb) from 11/6/11.  This may go away when Michael G.
> applies his shared ptr patch.  If it doesn't, though, it's not the fault of
> his patch.

When does it happen?

What I got is a crash at the end of the test suite run, when exiting
octave. By reducing the test suite progressively, I could locate the
problem in sparse/bicg.m and sparse/bicgstab.m. If you experience the
same, could you just start run-octave and run the tests in those
m-files, then exit octave?

Michael.