Re: Thread-safety issues in QtHandles

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Thread-safety issues in QtHandles
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:26:25 +0000

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> This is indeed a large slow-down, I'll test it on my platform as well,
>> for comparison.
>
> For comparison, on my Linux platform, Intel E5300 2.6GHz 2GB RAM, I
> ran the test above with the patch applied (on
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/69afe121f07e), once with
> --enable-atomic-refcount, once with --disable-atomic-refcount, octave
> compiled with "-g -O2", the execution time is as follows:
> - ./configure --enable-atomic-refcount: ~13s
> - ./configure --disable-atomic-refcount: ~10.7s

And when the patch is not applied at all (that is, a pristine
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/69afe121f07e), then the
execution time is ~10.3s. I'm not sure how you managed to get such a
large difference on your platform. Just for completeness, I'm using
Fedora Core 12 with gcc-4.4.4.

Michael.