Re: 3.6.0 release

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: 3.6.0 release
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 03:36:22 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote

> [...]
>   * the problem leads to incorrect results, can be duplicated on
>     multiple systems, and is likely to affect many users.

Hello,

a nice feature to add to Octave 3.6 would be locale support when reading
files. I introduced a patch inside bug report 34495, which is tagged as
'severity: normal'. I applied it since more than one month, and seems to
works OK. I recently revised it, and added a test:

%!test
%! assert(sscanf('1,2', '%f', 'C'), 1)
%! assert(sscanf('1,2', '%f', 'fr_FR'), 1.2)
The first assert illustrates sscanf behaviour when reading a number with
french locales using C locales; the second one shows that correct result can
be obtained when using the right locales.

Please apply.

Regards

Pascal