Re: ind2sub and sub2ind

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: ind2sub and sub2ind
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:01:05 -0500

On 9 December 2011 09:56, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> What is the status of ind2sub and sub2ind extension to triangular matrices?
>
> Are we going to extend ind2sub and sub2ind or we just add ind2sub_tril
> and sub2ind_tril (and unvech) to the linear-algebra package?

I've been lazy/busy about doing this when I realised that it required
a new implementation in C++.

I would be happy to add those options, if someone else codes them. Do
you want to try? I think it's a fairly simple task for C++. It should
even require less trickery than any m-script implementation. If you
write the initial implementation, I can polish it later (not sure how
confident you are with C++) and then push the changes to the repo.

- Jordi G.H.