Re: FYI: Free CUDA?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: FYI: Free CUDA?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:08:18 +0100

fre, 23 12 2011 kl. 13:28 -0500, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> This looks interesting:
>
>     http://developer.nvidia.com/content/cuda-platform-source-release
>
> It doesn't look like there's been a release yet, but if indeed CUDA is
> going free, we should really start working into making it work with
> Octave.

Even though it is less trendy I would probably go for OpenCL; the syntax
is more or less the same (except for initialisation), it works on more
platforms and it is not controlled by a single vendor. On the other
hand, it could be that OpenCL never really takes of so that CUDA is the
better choice... I don't know...

Søren