Re: Octave 3.5.92 snapshot available for ftp

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave 3.5.92 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 18:01:41 +0000

On 6 January 2012 21:02, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unless there are some serious problems with this snapshot, I would
> like to release it (or something very close to it) as 3.6.0 in the
> next few days.  Even if you have been building Octave regularly from
> the Mercurial archive, it would help if you could build from the
> snapshot and report any problems.

Hi

While the build ran successfully in Debian Squeeze (current stable
version), I have a few test failures when running "make check".

  PASS   9973
  FAIL     29

There were 2 expected failures (see fntests.log for details).

The failures are in the functions eigs (all 27 tests fail), svds
(fails 2 of 3 tests). I have attached the fntests.log file. It's all
because the eigs is not available (guess I should build the ARPACK
library that is no longer being distributed with octave).

I'll try to get the library installed, build it again, and report any
problems (or hopefully success). But anyway, there should be some test
to skip this tests and some warning after running configure if the
library is not found.

Carnë