Re: Necessity of epstool?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Necessity of epstool?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:00:26 -0800

On 01/10/2012 02:41 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
Hi,

when using the -depsc switch in print I noticed the warning

warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.
Some output formats are not available.

However, I didn't find any differences (except for the timestamps) in
the generated eps file after I installed epstool.

What is epstool used for in Octave? Should we take the time to make it
available by default (installed alongside Octave) in Fedora?
-- Jussi Lehtola Fedora Project Contributor address@hidden
Ben Abbott is working on this.  It is not used for much, and
it may be possible to replace it with convert (from ImageMagick)
or otherwise replace it.
  It does not seem to be actively supported,
but I am not too sure about this.   Wait for Ben....

Michael