Re: [OctDev] Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:12:45 +0900 (JST)

--- On Sat, 2012/3/3, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded binary installers for octave-3.6.1 compiled with Visual
> Studio 2008/2010. These are available from:
>
> VS2008: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-3.6.1-vs2008-setup.exe
> VS2010: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-3.6.1-vs2010-setup.exe
>
> To install, simply download the executable, run it and follow the
> installer instructions.
>
> These binaries contains (most of these are optional and can be
> deselected during the installation procedure):
> - octave 3.6.1
> - all required dependencies
> - 72 packages from octave-forge
> - ATLAS 3.8.4 single-threaded and multi-threaded (2 threads)
> - QtHandles
> - experimental octave GUI (compiled from hg gui branch)
> - gnuplot 4.4.4
>
> Note that these binaries do not contain the Visual C++ compiler. They
> also do not contain the corresponding VC++ runtime DLL. You can
> download them separately from MS download website. These are also
> installed automatically when you install the Visual C++ compiler.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Michael.

Small point:

In start up screen,
Copyright (C) 2012 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-mingw32".
Was this binary not configured for "i686-pc-mingw32"?

Regards

Tatsuro