Re: Problem with printing plots

From: logari81
Subject: Re: Problem with printing plots
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:13:04 +0100

On 03/10/2012 11:59 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Mar 10, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Ben Abbott<address@hidden>  wrote:

Nice. I hadn't noticed the resize method before, and wouldn't have realized it
could be used to copy a 1x2 octave_value into a 1x3 octave_value.

The attached works for me. Ok to push ?
I would:
1) move the set_position implementation into graphics.h.in
2) use 'smu' for the position property declaration modifiers

If you really want to keep the implementation in graphics.cc, then:
1) use 'Smu' for the position property declaration modifiers
2) remove the declaration of set_position in graphics.h.in (it'll be
auto-generated)

Michael.
I pushed the change.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/7a49519913e3

I'll be surprised if this doesn't effect something. Code that did something
like below ...

        h = text (x, y, "string");
        set (h, "position", [x, y])
        position = get (h, "position")

... will now find "position" is a 1x3 vector rather than a 1x2 vector.

If any examples come up we can fix them.

hmmmm ... should this be mentioned in the NEWS file ?

Ben

I see that Ben started coding in C++!!!

I just wanted to mention that this 2D vs 3D text position issue is probably causing array bounds violations at various places, e.g. see:

BR
Kostas