error assigning value to multi-dim struct

From: Ray Zimmerman
Subject: error assigning value to multi-dim struct
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:24:15 -0400

I'm guessing this is a bug. The latest version I have to test this on is 3.4.0, so I'm not sure if it's still an issue in the latest. Starting with a and b undefined ...

octave-3.4.0:3> a(1,1,1).b(1) = 2;
octave-3.4.0:4> a(1,1,1).b(1) = 3;
error: a cs-list cannot be further indexed
error: assignment to structure element failed
error: assignment failed, or no method for `scalar struct = scalar'

I think it's related to the singleton dimensions ...

octave-3.4.0:4> a(1,1,2).b(1) = 2;
octave-3.4.0:5> a(1,1,1).b(1) = 2;

... works just fine.

--