Re: cleaning up pkg.m

From: Rik
Subject: Re: cleaning up pkg.m
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:58:06 -0700

On 03/15/2012 03:45 AM, c. wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2012, at 18:50, Rik wrote:
>> I spent a lot of time improving the performance and functionality of the
>> string functions between 3.4.3 and 3.6.0.  I think you should be able to
>> find replacements.  Also, pkg.m is not something called in a     tight inner
>> loop so if you just want to use regexp to do your work that would be fine.
>>
>> You would need to verify but the following look like replacements
>> strip => strtrim
>> rstrip => deblank
>> split_by => strtrim (strsplit ())
> Here is a changeset implementing these modifications.
> Any objections if I push it?
Carlo,

I would add 'maint:' to the head of the Mercurial commit message.  It's a
tag that gets used for maintenance like activities with Mercurial.  This
seems like a maintenance activity because nothing new is happening to the
code.  You are merely moving functions from one location to another.

Summing up, the commit message would be something like this:

maint: Refactor pkg.m and move subfunctions to private/ directory.

--Rik