Re: edit.m bug fix

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: edit.m bug fix
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:56:25 +0100

On 20 Mar 2012, at 21:15, Ben Abbott wrote:

> Your patch doesn't work for me. My FUNCTION structure contains ....
>
>  scalar structure containing the fields:
>
>    AUTHOR = Ben Abbott
>    EDITINPLACE =  1
>    EDITOR = mvim %s
>    EMAIL = <address@hidden>
>    HOME = .
>    LICENSE = GPL
>    MODE = async
>
> When I type "edit edit.cc", Octave's window has the appearance of emacs
> editing a file names "edit.cc", but I'm actually still at Octave's command
> prompt.
that is what happens if you invoke the terminal version of emacs in async mode,
but I wonder why edit is running emacs as your EDITOR is set to mvim ...

> Meanwhile the file edit.cc has been created. This file has the copyright at
> the top and includes the contents of edit.m (commented out).
>
> Is the content of edit.cc intended ?
the content of edit.cc is intended, it was not introduced by my patch
I only corrected the wrong assumption that

type (function_name)

returns a string, it actually returns a cell-array, which must be indexed in
order to get a string

> Ben
c.