Patch for edit help not matching behavior

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Patch for edit help not matching behavior
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:39:47 -0400

After switching from 3.2 to development recently, I started getting
hit with the edit async/sync default change.  That's fine, I can
adapt, but the help was never updated.  Attached patch describes the
sync/async mode correctly.

On a related note, what is the intended location of a new m-file
created by edit?  Here's what I get:

octave:1> pwd
ans = /home/mike
octave:2> edit get home
ans = /home/mike/octave
octave:3> edit no_such_function.m
# now in vim, :wq
octave:4> ls octave
# hmm, file is not there
octave:5> ls *.m
no_such_function.m

So for existing functions, it does copy the m-file into edit's HOME
directory, but for new files it doesn't.  Maybe it's just my reading,
and if so I think it may need some rewording, but the help text seems
to say that even new m-files will be created under HOME (edit's HOME
variable) and not pwd.  Is the function broken or the help text
confusing?  Thanks.

--
mike