Re: Proposal for GSoC. (address@hidden)

From: Atul jangra
Subject: Re: Proposal for GSoC. (address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 01:49:36 +0530

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments.
@Michael :
My priorities will be exactly same as you have described. I have not used Visual Studio, but I will surely use it now for some inspiration, as I have also heard many a times that Visual Studio has a nice docking system.
For Mainwindow, I'll also try to search for solutions to implement the above mentioned features. If there is no solution for this, then I will dive in implementing my own widget.
For Debugger/Terminal enhancements, I think this is the most important part that needs to be implemented. Although it seems small, but most of the time, user will be in Terminal/Debugger, so improvements in this area will give a lot of power to the software. Personally I feel that If we decide on features in this category before the starting of actual project, then we will be bounded. So I want this category to be expandable, so that if anyone have some feature in mind, we can hack away and implement that feature. If everything goes well, I will be using the buffer time for implementing features in this category.
For Documentation, this section is pretty simple. I'll try to implement a better search facility which will search whole of the documentation.

@John:
I do agree that professional-like GUI is not trivial, but there's no harm in giving it a try. Plus If we focus on GUI this summer, we will surely get a better GUI, with many improvement.
For plot functionality, I would say that GUI and Plot functionality were two different ideas for this summer. And I am afraid that including both of them for one summer project would be a lot. But I am thinking to consider this as a post-gsoc task. I will try to implement it after the Google Summer of Code is over.

Hoping for more discussion on this proposal.
I hope I can reach your expectations. Trust me I am a hardworking guy and most of the times I am self-motivated. I hope I can work with all you guys this summer, and after that also.
Warm regards
--
Atul jangra
Computer Science and Engineering