Re: java package

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: java package
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:50:43 +0100

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On  9-May-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> | Those users might also expect that something like this is working:
> |
> | import java.util.*
> | l = ArrayList();
> |
> | but it's not.
>
> But some things do work, right?  So I think it is still a useful thing
> to add to the core distribution.

Yes, of course. I'm not arguing against including the code. I'm just
mentioning limitation that you or other people might not be aware of.

The limitation I'm mentioning above is pretty "visible" as it affects
the first thing you'd want to do with the java package: creating an
object or calling a static method (you have to use java_new or
java_invoke functions instead).

Michael.