Re: 3rd pass for Octave-3.6.1 app (X86_64 only) bundle for MacOS

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: 3rd pass for Octave-3.6.1 app (X86_64 only) bundle for MacOS
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 14:16:22 -0400

On May 12, 2012, at 9:24 AM, Heisenberg wrote:

> let me know how it goes.
> i installed your bundle. cannot get plot to work, although the mac app
> octave 3.4 plotting works fine.
> here is fault ( see below error report , using Xcode 4.2.1). i have fink
> installed, macports has no ports installed.i removed macports to install
> octave via fink, but even fink had trouble installing octave. the octave
> app(3.4) is working nice, but even with that i cannot install packages.

I'm having no trouble with Octave from Fink.

I recommend you selfupdate your fink and install the newest Octave package
(3.6.1).

Also, you should use Fink to install Octave's packages.

As far as my app-bundle goes, the approach I used has many special case
problems. For the moment, I'm not pursuing it.

Ben