Re: Compiling Troubles

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Compiling Troubles
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:31:10 -0700

On 05/19/2012 03:11 AM, address@hidden wrote:
On 05/18/2012 04:52 PM, Luke M wrote:

> Luca Citi wrote
>>
>> As you suggest building outside the mercurial rep is the way to go.
>>

> In my recent experience a fairly significant number of projects actually
> *require* that you build somewhere other than the source directory.  I
> wouldn't mind if this were the case with Octave.
5/19/12

Unrelated to the sudden flurry of e-mails regarding the build process, I have been tweaking Octave to support cross-compilation.  Along the way I restored the ability to do out-of-directory path builds (VPATH builds in the language of Autotools).  In addition, I have the 'distcheck' target working which is really an Autotools torture test for the build process.  It passes completely on a Linux system (Ubuntu 10.04).  Try any Mercurial changeset greater than or equal to 14653:af953acc055d.

--Rik