Changing directory in the GUI

From: Israel Herraiz
Subject: Changing directory in the GUI
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 01:17:50 -0700

Hi,

I have just noticed that the current directory box in the toolbar is
already functional, and the directory is synchronized between the box
and Octave. Great news :).

Can I suggest a little change to the way the dir is changed? Now the
command "cd something" is sent to the terminal. For some reason, in my
setup (Archlinux), the terminal is terribly slow to receive a text via
sendText, and it makes it keep looking at the terminal for a second
until the command actually takes effect. I would prefer that the
directory change would be more quiet, done via octave_env::chdir
without any output to the terminal.

I think that having feedback in the terminal about the dir change can
be a good thing, but that feedback is already in the toolbar box (and
will be probably soon in the current directory sub-window), so nothing
would be missing.

Jacob, what do you think?

Thanks, the GUI is really progressing fast :).

Israel