Re: pty.h missing for MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: pty.h missing for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:24:29 -0400

On Jun 2, 2012, at 5:02 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> Ben,
>
> for the problem with settings_dialog, this was my fault. I accidentally
> refactored code in autogenerated source files (generated by the Qt moc), so
> it worked for me, but after a hg clean I noticed that I made a mistake. It
> should be solved in the latest gui tip, though.
>
> As for the libterminal problem: Obviously definig HAVE_PTY_H is wrong on Mac,
>  I wouldn't mind to use
>
> #ifdef Q_OS_MAC
> #else
> #endif
>
> for now until we have moved libterminal and the whole GUI to the GNU build
> system.

Using ...

#ifdef Q_OS_MAC
# include <util.h>
#else
# if defined(HAVE_PTY_H)
#  include <pty.h>
# endif
# ifdef HAVE_LIBUTIL_H
#  include <libutil.h>
# elif defined(HAVE_UTIL_H)
#  include <util.h>
# endif
#endif

... works for me. For some reason doing a "hg diff" doesn't work for me in this
case. Any idea why?

When I start the gui, the gui I see some warning (error?) messages in the
command window ...

-----------------------------
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QObject::connect: Connecting from QAction::toggled(bool) to COMPAT slot
(terminal_dock_widget::setShown(bool))
QObject::connect: Connecting from QAction::toggled(bool) to COMPAT slot
(workspace_view::setShown(bool))
QObject::connect: Connecting from QAction::toggled(bool) to COMPAT slot
(history_dock_widget::setShown(bool))
QObject::connect: Connecting from QAction::toggled(bool) to COMPAT slot
(files_dock_widget::setShown(bool))
QObject::connect: Connecting from QAction::toggled(bool) to COMPAT slot
(file_editor::setShown(bool))
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0), must be greater than 0
GNU Octave, version 3.7.0+
Copyright (C) 2012 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

undecodable token: \001b(hex)[?1034h
-----------------------------

When selecting text at the command line, the displayed fontisize doesn't
matchup with mouse actions. Changing the font preferences fixed this for me!

At the bash command line, I see other warning indicating conflicts between
libQtGui.4.dylib and the debug version libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. Is there a way I
can avoid linking to libQtGui.4.dylib when using libQtGui_debug.4.dylib ?

-----------------------------
$ ./bin/octave-gui
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaColorPanelDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaPanel is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaView is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaWindow is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaWindowDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaMenuLoader is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSApplication is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaApplicationDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaWindowCustomThemeFrame is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaToolBarDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaMenu is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSOpenSavePanelDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaFontPanelDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSWindowProxy is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSPanelProxy is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QCocoaPrintPanelDelegate is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[28294]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

If I attempt to create a new file or open a file in the editor, Octave crashes.
The log is attached.

I don't know if any of this is helpful. I will have some spare time this
weekend if there is something I can do help with debugging.

Ben