Re: Please build the JIT branch

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Please build the JIT branch
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:52:53 -0400

On Jul 10, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Max Brister wrote:

> JIT is still pretty limited, it will not compile loops with any
> function calls, even builtin functions (except for sin, cos, and exp).
> It also only supports linear matrix indexing. For an example of a
> function which can be compiled, see
> http://jit-octave.blogspot.com/2012/06/realistic-test.html.
>
> Max Brister

Using macports on MacOS 10.7, I did a quick build (without worrying about LLVM)

With JIT

        A = gen_test (1000000);
        K = 500;
        Vectorized: 1.274 sec
        Loopy: 4.875 sec

With 3.7.0+

        A = gen_test (1000000);
        K = 500;
        Vectorized: 5.944
        Loopy: 16.063

I'll try again with LLVM_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/llvm-config-mp-3.0

Ben