Re: Compatability and an engineer's perspective

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Compatability and an engineer's perspective
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:23:15 -0400

On 18 July 2012 08:05, Jonathan Lister <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Octave code is octave code which may or may not run in matlab because
matlab hasn't implemented all of octave functions yet. It makes no
sense for octave-forge developers to limit themselves because of
matlab. Not only would lead to worse code in octave-forge, you are
assuming that octave-forge developers know what matlab does and are
thus able to write compatible code. Well, that's not true. We write
octave, not matlab code.

> I've been thinking about how to do an oct2mat tool.  Perhaps, I can make a
> preliminary stab at it.

This has already been done. It's one of the octave-forge packages.

Carnë