Re: Contributing to Octave help function.

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Contributing to Octave help function.
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:28:53 -0400

On 23 July 2012 05:09, Sergey Dudoladov <address@hidden> wrote:
>   1) Is it OK to submit the patch if "hg import" rejects it ? Or
> should I try to eliminate any conflicts?

The whole point of "hg export" is that this gives the patch metadata
that says *where* the patch is applied (i.e. at which hg revision).
Unless this is a private commit that is not in the Savannah
repository, it is then impossible for your patch to not apply (well,
impossible unless you found a way to exploit a hash collision in
sha1).

>   2) Should I attach the patch to the bug report or submit it
> separately through a patch tracker ?

Attached to the bug report is fine. I'll look at it now.

- Jordi G. H.