Re: binary RPMs of Octave stable for enterprise Linux systems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: binary RPMs of Octave stable for enterprise Linux systems
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:41:41 -0400

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 08:18:43PM -0700, Thomas Yengst wrote:
> I've attached the RPM patches and SPEC file that I use to compile for
> CentOS5. The patches are stolen from Fedora and the spec file has been
> nurtured of documentation and libcurl. I would gladly accept a better
> spec file - I'm a noob at rpmbuild.

Not sure if you're aware, but all Fedora and EPEL packages are
maintained as public git repos. I think it would be ideal if you or I or
whoever else wants to help with RPM packaging forked the octave
packaging repo,

    git clone git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/octave

allowing at least the possibility to merge in updates from them, feed
patches back to them, etc. This is what I was planning on doing once I
had worked through the libcurl compatibility problems.

--
mike