Re: JIT test crash

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: JIT test crash
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:02:11 +0100

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Max Brister <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> > I've put my build script (and current octave patch) available at these
>> > locations:
>> >
>> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-build2.zip
>> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/msvc_compile_fix
>> >
>> > The entry point is the build.sh script, that I call like:
>> >
>> > ./build.sh --msvc --prefix=/c/Software/VC10Libs <module_name>
>> >
>> > where <module_name> is the name of the module to compile (see modules/
>> > subdir for a module list). Note, this is a DIY framework, don't expect
>> > too
>> > much from it.
>> >
>> > Michael.
>>
>> That should be fine. It is nice not to have to start from scratch.
>> I'll go ahead and try to get a working build for me this weekend.
>

> If you want, I can also make you available a (large) archive with everything
> pre-compiled (for x86 under WinXP), except octave. That should get you up to
> speed faster, assuming you're using VS2010.
>
> Michael.

If it isn't too much effort for you, that would be appreciated. I
don't mind having to build everything myself, but a speed up would be
nice. I will be using VS2010.

No problem, I've made the archive available at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/VC10Libs.zip

This archive uses a similar directory layout as under Linux. To compile octave from dev branch, you have the apply the patch I provided. I use the configure_octave.sh script located in modules/octave/ directory of the octave-build2 archive, this contains all the flags I need (including the debug flags). After the configure step, you still have to call (and in general, every time you regenerate libtool from the configure script):

fixlibtool2 libtool

Then you're ready to start the compilation (and have a couples of cup of coffee...). Note that the whole framework assumes you're running a MSYS shell, that VS2010 is available in your PATH and that INCLUDE and LIB variables are already properly defined (as defined by the VS script vcvarsall.bat). To build the documentation, you'll also need a TeX system available. I'm using MiKTeX.

I forgot to mention 2 things:
1) when running ./autogen.sh, use the --copy flag to avoid the use of symlinks
2) the patch may not apply correctly to the latest octave dev code, because of the recent code re-organization; it currently applies to the following rev: 15053:6889217b9d78

Michael.