Re: SuiteSparse_time

From: RC Crozier
Subject: Re: SuiteSparse_time
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:52:50 +0100

Quoting Martin Helm <address@hidden> on Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:38:18 +0200:

Am 17.08.2012 21:00, schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso:
On 17 August 2012 14:51, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm experiencing the error "undefined reference to `SuiteSparse_time'"
discussed in this thread:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/SuiteSparse-problems-td4631934.html
Please keep discussion about the development sources in the development list.

At any rate, as explained in that thread, the workaround for now is to
add  --with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lSuiteSparse" as an option to the
configure script.

These are the development sources. Things are supposed to move rapidly
and sometimes break.

- Jordi G. H.
The

--with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lSuiteSparse"

was as far as I remember for the Mac.

On my linux system it is

--with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lsuitesparseconfig -lrt"

It may differ from distro to distro.

Thanks, I have set the process going with this command.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.