Re: SuiteSparse_time

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: SuiteSparse_time
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:56:30 +0100

On 17/08/2012 21:52, RC Crozier wrote:
Quoting Martin Helm <address@hidden> on Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:38:18 +0200:

Am 17.08.2012 21:00, schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso:
On 17 August 2012 14:51, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm experiencing the error "undefined reference to `SuiteSparse_time'"
discussed in this thread:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/SuiteSparse-problems-td4631934.html
Please keep discussion about the development sources in the development list.

At any rate, as explained in that thread, the workaround for now is to
add  --with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lSuiteSparse" as an option to the
configure script.

These are the development sources. Things are supposed to move rapidly
and sometimes break.

- Jordi G. H.
The

--with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lSuiteSparse"

was as far as I remember for the Mac.

On my linux system it is

--with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lsuitesparseconfig -lrt"

It may differ from distro to distro.

Thanks, I have set the process going with this command.

Unfortunately this has also failed with the same error. Is my best bet to get an older version of SuiteSparse? If so what is the version Octave 3.6.2 worked with?

This could be down to some other error I've made installing the SuiteSparse package, but configure does not complain about not being able to find anything. Maybe I'll just build without umfpack for now. I would prefer to get it working though.

Should this still be on the maintainers list?

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.