Re: stable sorts

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: stable sorts
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:40:17 -0400

On 08/25/2012 09:55 PM, Ed Meyer wrote:
Just because it has kept the order of x(2) and x(3) does not necessarily mean it is a stable sort;
an unstable sort can do either but a stable sort is guaranteed to keep the original order.

--
Ed Meyer
Yes.  But, this thread started from an error on my part.  I had thought

I am pretty sure that Octave sort is stable, but this could be checked
more, of course.

Michael