Re: JIT test crash

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: JIT test crash
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:58:26 +0100

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Max Brister <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:00 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Max Brister <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> I'm having trouble building. I have commented out the aclocal,
>> autoconf, autoheader, and automake steps in octave.sh as these were
>> causing problems. Instead, I ran autogen.sh --copy directly.
>

> When compiling octave from dev branch, I don't use the build.sh script. What
> I do instead is:
>
> (from octave top source dir)
> ./autogen,sh --copy
> mkdir build-msvc
> cd build-msvc
> /where/is/octave-build/located/modules/octave/configure_octave.sh
> fixlibtool2 libtool
> make

I tried that, but now configure complains because the C compiler can
not create executables. Where sould I place the octave source dir? Is
there anything else special I have to do with PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

It looks like your environment is not properly set up (as expected by the various build script). One of the main requirement is to be able to compile Win32 programs using MSVC from the command line in MSYS. To achieve that, I hacked the MSYS batch script to "call" vcvarsall.bat from the MSVC installation directory.

>> It looks
>> like for some reason gfortran-msvc is not working correctly (I have
>> the config output). I tried recompiling gfotran-msvc with your
>> scripts, but it fails at the end of the build with a linking issue.
>

> Do you MinGW 4.7.0 (gfortran) installed? Also the output you attached says
> "sed" is not found.

I did have gfortran installed. I uninstalled it and it didn't change
anything. I'm not sure why it is complaining about sed, I do have sed
installed.

You should also look at config.log to identify the exact problem you have.

Michael.