Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:29:00 +0100

On 3 September 2012 16:19, 胡小柯 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> guys!
>
> I am very glad to encounter with octave, but I found that it is not
> available in Chinese, I mean Chinese Simplified. So I would like to
> help with translation, and read the translator guide, but it is
> confusing. Maybe it is outdated, can everybody update it so that I can
> follow it step by step to translate?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> hottea

Hi

No one has been working on this anymore. You are free to do so but
unfortunately it seems that everyone that was related to it are no
longer involved. See
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Help-wanted-to-translate-GNU-Octave-documentation-into-Chinese-td4633495.html

I believe there's better methods to have translations, but they would
need to be implemented on octave core (I'm cc,ing the mailing list for
octave maintainers). Maybe you would like to start working on it?

Carnë