Re: Windows testing

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Windows testing
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 01:03:37 -0500

On 09/05/2012 12:48 AM, Reza Housseini wrote:
I did a build on windows over cygwin. Documentation building was not
working, so I disabled it but then run trough fine. A big problem I
detected with the gui where the missing icons, is  this a bug or just
some missing includes? Another problem was the hangup after a while,
without interacting with the gui. But I didn't tested this out further.

I'm not a Windows user, but I'll ask some questions to help answer whether this is a bug (probably is, would be my first impression). Under "libgui/src/icons" of the source tree are a bunch of icons used in the GUI/IDE. I assume those are present in your source tree. Please verify it is those icons that are not appearing in the browser as you see it. If so there is a bug. If they are visible and it is some other Qt standard icons that are not visible, then that might be another issue involving some support libraries not installed.

I wonder if the icons are being put in a proper directory when "install" is done. In any case, try launching the GUI using "run-octave", if that is possible on Windows. Try launching the GUI from the directory "libgui/src/icons", i.e., where the icons exist. If there are any error messages somewhere, please report those.

Dan

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden