Re: unistd replacement in config.h

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: unistd replacement in config.h
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:58:09 -0400

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
9/18/12

Michael,

In Octave's configure.ac there is the following exception when using MSVC.

--- Cut ---
dnl FIXME: We should probably only generate this file if it is missing.
### Produce unistd.h for MSVC target, this simplifies changes in
### Octave source tree and avoid problems with lex-generated code.
case $canonical_host_type in
  *-*-msdosmsvc)
    AC_MSG_NOTICE([Generating replacement for <unistd.h> for MSVC])
    cat << \EOF > unistd.h
/* File generated by configure script. */
#include <direct.h>
#include <io.h>
#include <process.h>
EOF
    CPPFLAGS="-I. $CPPFLAGS"
    ;;
esac
--- End Cut ---

Is this stanza needed anymore?  We are sourcing the unistd module from
gnulib so I believe we are guaranteed to have an okay <unistd.h> header
file.  But, there may be weird intricacies with the MSVC target that I am
not grokking.

No, this is not needed anymore. I have my own pseudo unistd.h (in addition to gnulib's replacement).

Michael.