Re: [OctDev] On the union of two communities - The GNU Octave atmosphere

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [OctDev] On the union of two communities - The GNU Octave atmosphere
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:45:49 +0200

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Júlio Hoffimann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> No advances here? We'll stay broken in two pieces?
>
> Ok, that's sad.

Julio,

I do not feel there are two communities. Join us in the next OctConf
and you will see it for yourself.
What you may be feeling is activity distribution self-organized by
expertise. There are people who are good and enjoy doing low-level
development (or general GNU Octave) like Rik, Daniel, John, Jordi, etc
(along etc!) and there are others who are more into the domain/field
specific code, me, Carlo, Carnë, Lukas, and many more. Of course most
of these participate in both sides.

The communication between the two groups is quite fluid. Besides we
are bringing together Agora (former Octave-Forge) and core, with the
website development. What exactly is what you find fragmented?

Cheers

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----