Re: [OctDev] On the union of two communities - The GNU Octave atmosphere

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: [OctDev] On the union of two communities - The GNU Octave atmosphere
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:02:02 +0200

1. Is the community fragmented? I think not and gave my reasons before.

In real life not. On the internet: Yes. And this is what people from outside perceive.

2. Are we using good tools to collaborate? I think the tolls where ok
until recently and now it is a phase of changes. Carnë have been
talking about migrating the package/module development and bug/feature
tracking for a while already. I tihnk if we want to do this
effectively we need a task force (a small group of people) that know
what they are talking about (this rules e out! :D) and implement the
changes using their criteria.

I am okay with that, but I have a please for these people: You should really decide objectively. If you dismiss OA by default because you don't like php, this is not a real discussion to me. I really don't like php that much, too, but let's face it: It does the job and it fulfills our ethical criteria (it is not only free software, but also GPL). The same applies for the server this thing could be running on.

Jacob