Re: Class Project

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Class Project
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 01:23:27 -0500

On 10/08/2012 11:00 PM, Mark Riehm wrote:
I am a junior computer science major and for a class I have to try to
improve the performance of an open source project through changes in the
data structures. I have chosen to work on GNU Octave. I am confident in
my general C++ skills, but I need help understanding the structure of
this project. Specifically, does anyone know where any data structures
that cause significant bottlenecks are located? I have been looking at
the matrices in the "octave/liboctave/array" folder of the source but
have no idea what classes are used for what because there seem to be few
comments.

Mark,

Try looking at this doxygen description of the classes, inheritance, etc.:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/class_array.html

Dan