Re: Overlapped text in Octave documentation

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Overlapped text in Octave documentation
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:27:58 -0700

On 10/30/2012 12:19 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:38:23 +0300
> From: Obada Abu Arisheh <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: pdf reference output pormat problem
>
> section 34.4.2 page has an over lab between the section title and table
> 34.1. it has been reproduced from octave 3.6.0 edition (I've seen it from
> that edition) and assumed it will be corrected but it hasn't. thanks for
> your work on octave. I really appreciate octave team hard work. I'm using
> Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit on Asus K53E.
10/30/12

Obada,

This is a bug in Texinfo, the program which generates the documentation,
rather than in Octave.  I doubt that Texinfo will be fixing this soon, if
ever, so I have made a workaround in the Octave documentation by inserting
a plaintext sentence between the @node declaration and the @float table.
See http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/38e64d9f0fda if you are
interested.  The fix will be available in the next major release of Octave,
3.8.

--Rik