Re: QtScript and Toolboxes

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: QtScript and Toolboxes
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 07:12:14 -0500

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Now that Octave is going to have a GUI based on Qt, do you think it is feasible that it will eventually have GUI toolboxes that can be programmed either in _javascript_ or in Octave's native language itself?

I have never used QtScript, but the idea sounds interesting. Or alternatively Octave could provide its own API to make GUIs. I am not going to write something like Simulink for Octave, but I could write a simple toolbox to access astronomical data, like the Hipparcos catalogue.

Matlab has its own version of GUI scription, through the uiXXX functions (uicontrol, uimenu, uitoolbar...). These are partially supported by the QtHandles backend.

Michael.