Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:06:26 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 28-Nov-2012, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| I meant that "errordlg" and "inputdlg" seem like they shouldn't
| be in a java subdirectory, but a more generic user interface directory.
|   Perhaps "javaerrordlg" and "javainputdlg" is what should be in the
| java directory.  If running without Qt IDE then inputdlg() would defer
| to javainputdlg(), etc.

Sure.  I copied the entire java package into Octave because it seemed
like the simpler thing to do.  I admit that I didn't do a lot of
testing beyond getting things to compile on my system.  At least that
much worked for me when I checked it in.  Sorry about the breakage,
but we'll eventually fix all these issues.

That's okay, I suppose it usually goes like that when new features get implemented.

But I'm curious - what Java package version did you use? I'm sure it must be an older version than the most recent 1.2.9

Philip