Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:01:55 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 29-Nov-2012, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|>  On 28-Nov-2012, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
|>
|>  | I meant that "errordlg" and "inputdlg" seem like they shouldn't
|>  | be in a java subdirectory, but a more generic user interface directory.
|>  |   Perhaps "javaerrordlg" and "javainputdlg" is what should be in the
|>  | java directory.  If running without Qt IDE then inputdlg() would defer
|>  | to javainputdlg(), etc.
|>
|>  Sure.  I copied the entire java package into Octave because it seemed
|>  like the simpler thing to do.  I admit that I didn't do a lot of
|>  testing beyond getting things to compile on my system.  At least that
|>  much worked for me when I checked it in.  Sorry about the breakage,
|>  but we'll eventually fix all these issues.
|
| That's okay, I suppose it usually goes like that when new features get
| implemented.
|
| But I'm curious - what Java package version did you use? I'm sure it
| must be an older version than the most recent 1.2.9

I'm fairly certain that I updated the Octave Forge svn and used the
files I found in trunk/octave-forge/extra/java.  But if that's not the
case, let's fix the problem.

Carnë deleted the Java package stuff from octave-forge. As for me I'd rather had him "freeze" the Java package subdir instead of wiping it. OF probably doesn't allow that. With the new OF setup it became a lot harder for me to go back to before Carnë's action, to find out what changes have to transferred to core Octave compared to the version you imported. Probably not very much but still a bit hard to find out now.

BTW the OF svn repo is a bit tricky as there's a revision number higher up in the URL (at least for me when I access it tru http). If you used a bookmark to go back to the Java package, chances are that the bookmark referred to an earlier revision.

I only have my own (part of) OF repo on hard disk left, with svn icons telling me that those latest patches I referred to have been committed successfully.

Anyway, I'll see if I can fix this (= applying the latest Java patches) the next days or week.

Philip