Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:53:09 +0100

Carnë Draug wrote:
On 30 November 2012 00:54, Carnë Draug<address@hidden>  wrote:
On 29 November 2012 23:56, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
The issue is that I'd like to find out the history of a number of individual
files. That info was stored in O-F svn, I can't find it in my local svn repo
(not in readable format, that is).

Having removed or not the files from the repo should make no
difference at all, you can access previous revision numbers anyway. I
do not understand what is the issue. This is a revision control
system, as long as you did not left stuff uncommitted, the whole
history is there.

Apologies if advance if the following is patronizing, that is not my intention.

## checkout last revision before removing package
svn checkout
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/extra/address@hidden
cd java/
## check all changes on the java package since june
svn log -vr BASE:{"2012-06-01"}
## the same but limited to the last 10 changes
svn log -vr BASE:{"2012-06-01"} -l 10
## to see the changes in revision 10736
svn diff -c 10736
## to see all changes until revision 10736
svn diff -r 10736

And depending on your configuration, the diff may appear colored.

Thanks; and no, I have a thick skin ;-)
For Octave-Forge I use TortoiseSVN (on Windows); now, entering that URL you gave in the repo browser doesn't resolve. Yesterday the Sourceforge SVN didn't work at all for me - they also wrote on the resulting web page that there were problems with ViewVC or so.

Anyway I made some progress; by trying out a few carefully selected io package functions (that depend on specific Java stuff) I think I have a fairly good idea now what has to be done.

(BTW: TortoiseSVN works again for me, I got the history now.)

Philip