Overhaul of Java auto-detection

From: Rik
Subject: Overhaul of Java auto-detection
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:20:51 -0800

12/10/12

All,

I just pushed a changeset which significantly changes (improves?) the way
Java is detected if JAVA_HOME has not been set
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/56239ff815a3).  There are
likely to be kinks which need working out and I particularly need feedback
from Mac OS X systems.  Despite all those caveats, I think this is a much
better strategy for detection than having a laundry list of directories to
check for each operating system and distribution.

--Rik