Re: gnulib warnings when compiling Faddeeva.cc

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: gnulib warnings when compiling Faddeeva.cc
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:33:39 -0500

On 12/9/12 2:01 PM, Júlio Hoffimann wrote:
Yes, John explained it to me, there is a trick with _GL_CXXALIAS_SYS and
_GL_CXXALIASWARN. The first macro creates an alias to the system
implementation and the second produces the warning whenever we use the
function without the gnulib namespace.

What about the copysign() then? It's a C++11 feature.

copysign is also specified by POSIX.

But it's not available on Windows, where MS uses _copysign instead.

I'll have an updated version of my Faddeeva code posted shortly that only uses copysign in C++11, if HAVE_COPYSIGN is #defined in config.h, or if __linux is defined, and also fixes a couple of other small porting problems.

By the way:
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/math/erf
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/math/erfc

Yes; I use std::erf and std::erfc for real arguments if HAVE_ERF and HAVE_ERFC are defined, or in C++11. The standard doesn't provide the complex version, however.